CACGV and Monday Magazine Photo Contest
The Bay Centre - 636 Fort Street
October 27 - November 12
Enter Monday Magazine’s annual photo contest, Victoria’s longest running photo competition.
All entries will be displayed at the CACGV's new headquarters in The Bay Centre from October 27th-November 12th. A public opening reception and awards presentation will be held at The Bay Centre on Thursday, October 27th from 6:30-8:30pm.
1) Colour (general)
2) Black and White (general)
3) Textural Analysis
4) Express Your Selfie
5) Reality Check (computer manipulation allowed)
PLEASE WRITE THE NAME OF THE CATEGORY YOU ARE SUBMITTING TO ON YOUR LABEL UNDER 'MEDIUM'.
A winner will be determined in each category by 3 local jurors. Prizes to be determined shortly.
- - All entries must be submitted as 8’’x10’’ OR 8’’x12’’ vertical or horizontal prints that have been mounted on plain 11’’x14’’ white mats (specifically Mat board, NOT foam core or paper). If you have any doubts, ask an art supply or framing store. NOTE: pictures entered on coloured mats will be disqualified.
- - Affix completed entry form (can be a photocopy) to the BACK of the mat. Do not put any identifying information on the front of your entry, including your photograph. Signed photographs will be rejected.
- - Entries not complying with these specifications (including mat colour and material) will be rejected before judging.
- - An entry fee of $5 (CACGV Members) or $10 (CACGV Non-Members) in cash to be affixed to entry. CACGV Membership information can be found at cacgv.ca/get-involved.
- - Photographers may enter more than one category, up to a total of 5 entries per photographer. Space is limited so enter early to avoid disappointment!
Photos taken with a digital or film camera are eligible for entry in any category. The Colour category is meant for photographs that are printed in colour, or photos that are otherwise tinted to include colour. The Black and White category is meant for photos that are printed in black and white, or are taken in colour but are printed to be viewed as black and white images.
Deadline: All entries must be received by October 15th at 6:00pm. No late entries will be accepted.
In person: Rolling intake will be held at the Bay Centre (unit address 636 Fort Street) from September 6th-October 15th from 10am-6pm Tuesday-Saturday.
Return of entries: We will not be mailing back any entries. Photographers or their representatives may pick up entries from the Bay Centre on November 13th from 12:00-4:00pm.